Wiped out but happy

We did  LOT today in an hour of afasia therapy today. This was my second therapy session with my team--yestterday and last week kbothties It seems that   that is what will help me over the long term. I am working hard to develop stratigies to keep my words fresh meaning knowing how communicate better than I might be now and later when I really need it.

There is also a varient  of afsia that focuses on the kind of afsia I have. Only 30%has my variant of afsia!


Also I would love for folks to comment on the blog wth their best loved word! You can tell me why or just send it through in the comments!

Thank you! Thank you! xxo I can't wait to know your favorite word/s


Also , no word finding in this post! Have a great weekend! xxo



Comments

  1. Hi, Malke, it's so good to hear from you!

    I've missed your blogging. With all the writing and speaking projects you were doing, to lose track of your words must have been so very frustrating. I'm sure it still is, but you sound like you're not letting the frustration get you down too much.

    I think my favorite word is "play" (or maybe "playful").

    It seems to me that through the blog, you are using the power of play to strengthen your brain by writing without worrying about perfection.

    Best wishes!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love “balderdash,” as it’s such a lovely, old-fashioned exclamation. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Malke! I like the picture in this blog. It's hard to think of a favorite word. So many meanings, sounds, memories... 51 is one of my favorite numbers, that's easy. I also like 27. But I wouldn't say fifty-one is one of my favorite words.

    Some words I like a lot are: greyhound, memory, sesquicentennial, combine, magnolia, and smooshed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A word I've liked a lot since I was a kid is "chambered nautilus." I guess that's two words, but they're spoken together when you're referring to the animal. I've liked the word so long, I don't even remember why I started liking it in the first place. I think I just liked the way it sounded when I first read it or heard it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite word is buttercream. It's a comforting word that evokes a sweet scent and pale yellow color to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Malke,

    I have been following your journey from Australia. My favourite word is star. Simple but hopeful.

    All the best,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Malke,
    I've always liked mellifluous. To me it sounds like what it means, something smoothly flowing, and it evokes a sense of movement. So it's an onomatopoeia, a word that sounds like its meaning - but I guess an onomatopoeia is not itself an onomatopoeia!
    Best wishes!
    Karl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Semantic Network

New Ideas for for my brain!